Thursday, May 30, 2013

Random Thought Thursday - Website Content: Lyrics?

As I get deeper and deeper into this “review people’s music thing” I have tried to make a point to really listen to the words of people’s songs, understand where they are coming from, and then completely judge them based on whether or not I think they are full of it (I kid, I kid!). But seriously, songwriting is just that, its writing and crafting songs that say something. Some people just blow me completely away with what they are able to create and project through writing and others, well, some other musicians (who I happen to even associate with) write nonsensical garbage that just happens to rhyme…so boom, they got a song.
I’ve listened to some records where the annunciating is perfect, I can hang on every word and its just pure delight to listen to the song, others I find have the potential to be amazing writers, but I can’t understand a damn thing they are saying...and that saddens me. I notice that very few artists provide their lyrics on their website, but it doesn’t seem at all like a common practice amongst the local music community.
What do you guys think? Is having your words written out there a good idea or a bad idea? Why do you (or don’t you) include the lyrics to your music on your own websites?
Cheers!
-RLR

No comments:

Post a Comment